Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Day 56: Pies!

An action shot of the kitchen tonight.

Christine was baking today!  She came home late from work, and whipped up some peach pies from scratch (It took soo long, but they are gorgeous!)  I was hovering around her snapping shots and ooh-ing and ahh-ing.  Tomorrow I'll claim I helped her with the baking to make sure I get some of the good stuff.  ;)

Also today, the lens I rented from Borrow Lenses came in the mail.  The stupid FedEx guy was supposed to get a signature, but instead he just left a note on our door (Mom was sitting in front of that door all day, so we know he didn't even knock to see if we were home).  So I had to book it from work early to run down to the FedEx station and pick up the package myself.  So annoyed.

Anyway.  It's a sweet lens.  18-200mm telephoto with max F3.5 capability.  So much better than the crappy standard lens that came with my camera.  I wish I had purchased it instead of renting it, but you gotta start slow, right?  Also, my pocket book couldn't take the hit of this rental, let alone the purchase of a $1,000 lens.  Hopefully I'll have ample opportunities to test this puppy out at my family reunions this weekend.

I love taking pictures sometimes!  There's something so therapeutic about it, and it really helps me appreciate life from a different perspective when I see it through the lens.

1 comment:

  1. The sacred recipe. I can't wait to behold them...or eat them.

    ReplyDelete