Pages

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 54: The Children Are Our Future

Beautiful Lauren.

Sometimes when I see my nieces and nephews, I get such painful stabs of homesickness for the family that I don't have yet.  I look into the innocent eyes of the babies of my siblings and nieces and nephews, and I see what my children will look like one day.  And I hurt a little.

And sometimes I wonder if I'll ever get to see my kids, or if that part of life will pass me by.  I wonder if I'll ever have a family of my own, and get to experience the joy that I see in the eyes of my siblings.

And then I realize how much joy I already feel when I am surrounded by the family I already have.  It's not like there aren't plenty of us to go around.  I still get to be around all of the children, even if they aren't my own.  I still get to make them smile and giggle.  I get to play with them and see their little personalities, and it partially fills that void.  When I'm around those babies and children, it makes the pain of single life almost completely disappear.

It gives me hope for the future.

1 comment:

  1. So true! I can't believe how much you guys have been around Lauren/family this summer. Actually you still have much more! This next weekend is family reunions?

    Beautiful photo and I totally agree with everything you said. :)

    ReplyDelete