Pages

Friday, July 2, 2010

Day 31: Hot Summer Days

A field near my office.

As I was driving to get lunch today, I looked out my passenger window and saw this gorgeous view of the mountain dappled in sunlight from the approaching clouds.  I marveled at how beautiful it was when I realized that I should get a picture of it.  After a moment's hesitation, I pulled off on the side of the road, turned on my hazard lights, grabbed my camera, and began scouting for a good angle to capture the mountain.  I played with a few different shots, but decided on this one because of the contrasts. As so often it happens, I didn't capture the scene accurately.  It was so much more beautiful out there today, right before the wind storm hit and kicked up all the construction dust from here to Logan.  I just wish it had translated as well on film.

Sometimes I am genuinely shocked at the beauty of nature.  I shouldn't be.  It's always going to be breathtaking.  But sometimes it still just gets me right in the heart.  The jaw-dropping symmetry that happens when the sunlight hits something just right, or when the colors in the trees and fields are so striking they actually hurt your eyes...it's just AMAZING!

It's moments like today when I'm grateful I live in such an beautiful place!

2 comments:

  1. Love it, love it, love it! Again you inspire me to get my camera out a little more often!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Val, I love to check this blog! I really love the pictures and I realize what a truly gift photographer you are every time. I love you see you "view" on things. Can't wait to see what you post next! It truly is amazing what a beautiful place we live in huh? Love you:D

    ReplyDelete