Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Day 46: Air Conditioning and Heat

My pigtails turned to ringlets.

It was so hot today!  I don't like heat.  I don't know if I've ever mentioned that, but I wilt in the heat...and our A/C is on the fritz.

I spent most of the day in an uncomfortable sweat, my face a rosey shade, my hair frizzing up, and my clothes sticking to me.  Yuck.

We went shopping in the early afternoon, and I complained about the heat in the car.  Then we drove back home and I complained about the heat in the house.  Then I had to return an item to the store we just returned from (a broken picture frame that I didn't notice was broken when I bought it), and I complained about the heat walking back into the store.  The sun beat down on me while we walked around outside until my head throbbed and my vision blurred.  I stuck to my seat at the movie theater - where the A/C was also on the fritz - and I dreamed of ice cream and cool drinks on the way home.  I stared listlessly at the computer screen this evening as I tried to decide which picture to choose from today, and more than once today I've stared in disbelief at the box fans all around our house that aren't doing a thing to cool things down.

I don't like heat.

Contrarywise...I still had a great day.  I got to relax, splayed out on the floor in the living room in front of a box fan.  I got to play with my pictures and the new picture frames I bought.  I got to see a movie with my dad and sister and eat yummy popcorn.  I got to go out to lunch and shopping with the girls (always a favorite).  And I even got to read my book, which I'm almost finished with.

Oh, and my favorite part of the day?  Complaining about the heat to everyone, all the time.  hehe!

2 comments:

  1. I think the whole world is melting right now. You know those bean bags that are made out of corn or beans? You can heat them up or freeze it? I loved mine until it broke and 100 pieces of corn were on my floor. Anyhow...we sent one to Nash on his mission because he is in the hottest area with no AC! He can't sleep and was dieing. He LOVES the bean bag. He freezes it and then puts it on his chest during the night. I think I need to have someone to make me one...and you should too. I have all this kool material that needs used. I loved putting that on my head/face when I was burning up or when I had a headache. Yeah. :)
    Ps. I love your friggin' hair. I wish my hair would do that!
    Pss. I wish I could have played with you guys today. :( But Jen came into town and that is so fun for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally did that yesterday! I couldn't find my bean bag, but I used a wet wash cloth and stuck it in the freezer.
    If you provide the material, I'll make the bags. I need a new one anyway! :D

    ReplyDelete