Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 45: Trees!

This is one of my favorite trees.

I missed the clouds yesterday.

I kept noticing the lack of clouds every time I looked outside, and when I walked to my car last night, I was a little sad.  They must have missed me too, because they came back in full force by this evening!  I tried to get the awesome sunset-filled clouds with this amazing tree, but the angle didn't work.  These clouds are pretty cool too!

Clouds and trees...what more could I want?

This picture reminds me of a song my mother used to sing to me when I was young (I don't know the title):

I know a place,
Where no one ever goes
There's peace and quiet,
Beauty and repose.

It's hidden in a valley,
Beside a mountain stream.
And lying there beside the stream,
I find that I can dream.

Only of things,
Of beauty to the eye.
Snow peaked mountains,
Rise up to the sky.
Now I know,
That God has made this world,
For me.

One can imagine,
Himself as in a dream.
Climbing up a mountain,
Or down a small ravine.

The beauty of this peace and quiet,
Ever will stay.
To make this place a haven,
Each and every day.

Oh how I wish,
I never had to leave!
All my life,
Such beauty to receive!
Now I know,
That God has made this world,
For me!

Oh yes, for me!

2 comments: