Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Day 9: Space Case

I had the perfect blog post that goes with this shot.  It was hand-written, and perfectly poetic.  But I left it at work, and I have a deadline, so now I have to think of a new way of saying it...lame.

I've been feeling a bit listless lately.  I keep trying to concentrate on - well anything, really - but I feel like a wall is in my mind, blocking any clarity that I try to get.  I can't seem to find anything exciting or fun either, so I just sit and stare, or surf the web and read meaningless stuff that only serves to fill my already cluttered head with junk I don't care about.

I feel claustrophobic.  I feel like I'm surrounded by chatter and noise, and it's blocking my vision and my senses.  It's disorienting and it constantly tugs on my nerves until I feel stretched as tight as a bow string.

It's keeping me up at night.  The noise in my head.  It's stopping me from having a good work flow, from being able to focus during conversations, from finishing a stupid sentence in this blog.  It's making me feel slightly crazy, like I could wig out at any moment.  So to calm myself down, I zone out.  I stop thinking altogether.  Hence, the listlessness.

So what's causing this big kerfuffle in my head?  I have no idea.  Lack of sleep?  A.D.D.?  Bad eating habits?

Maybe I just need a vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment