Pages

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Day 23: Tea Time

Tea pot macro.

I had so much fun with my tea sets tonight!  I was experimenting with different angles of natural light, and using this macro lens, and I kept getting the funnest shots of the tea pot and tea cups that I decided to post all of them.  So even though the picture above is the "official" picture for today, the collages below are close runners-up.

I love what happens when you zoom in on an object that is seemingly perfect, and find mini imperfections everywhere.  It is true to life that any time you put something under the microscope or the magnifying glass, you will see something unpleasant or flawed.  None of us is perfect, but we always have a hard time remembering that fact as we compare ourselves to others. But what's wrong with a little imperfection?  The flaws are what gives us character and personality.  Otherwise, we're cookie cutter and boring.  So why don't we celebrate each other's imperfections instead of hiding them?

Glory in your uniqueness and in that of your friends and neighbors!  Lift up your neighbors by celebrating the character and quirkiness in each of us!  You'd be surprised how much brighter we all shine when we love the entire package and not just the first glance.

1 comment:

  1. my favorite one is the one that shows the "tea" label. I bet someone would love to have that hanging in their kitchen!

    ReplyDelete