Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

Day 20: Self-Portrait

Me.

I had the greatest idea for a self-portrait, but I didn't have the time or resources to follow through with it today, so this is what we get.  At least it was fun to mess around with the photo settings in Picnik.  I'll do the other idea another day.

The sparkles in this picture reminded me of the band, Sparklehorse.  I have a few of their albums (not sure how I got them) but I never listen to them because it's not really my style.  I thought for fun, that I'd look up the lyrics and see if any of them fit this picture...

um...

Sparklehorse is WEIRD.  I don't relate to a single song!  I mean, they use lyrics like, "But if you was a horse/I could help you with your chains/I could ride you through the fields/By your fiery mane"

...

I thought I had writer's block before, but those lyrics just chased any vestige of creativity right out the proverbial window.  Sparklehorse has to go.  As it is, I've deleted the band from my hard-drive, so I guess I got my revenge and chucked the band out the proverbial window.

Lame.

3 comments:

  1. Love the photo...You are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Kool! You have a way of pulling off these mysterious faces. You are a model...if only you got paid for being beautiful. :)
    ps. Your makeup looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I attribute all of it to the post-processing. This shot was hideous before I fixed it because the makeup was ULTRA sparkly and made me look like blotchy-peach-fuzz face. haha!

    ReplyDelete