Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day 5: Sunday


Today is Sunday, so I didn't want to do anything big.  Instead of stressing out about what I was going to do for my picture today, I just sat back and let it happen.  I'm taking that approach more often!  This is a picture of the Peony in my front yard.  I went outside to capture the sunset, but all my sunset shots were horrible.  As I was walking back in, I noticed my mom and sister taking close-ups of this beauty, so I decided to give it a go.

Such a pretty flower!  I love the color and the huge bunch of petals that it has.  I didn't think to smell it...that's a metaphor for ya.  I was so busy taking pictures of the thing that I didn't bother to take a moment and smell it or really enjoy it.  I mean, sure.  I'm enjoying it a lot on my computer screen, but that beautiful thing is sitting just outside my front door and I think tonight was the first time I even noticed it.  AND, I wouldn't have even noticed it tonight if it hadn't been for my mom and my sister's attention to it.

But I guess that's how life is too.  We get so caught up in the daily grind that we forget to pause every once in a while and just look around and enjoy the moment.

Stop and smell the roses.

No comments:

Post a Comment