Pages

Friday, June 25, 2010

Day 24: Sunset

Gorgeous sunset tonight!

So there I was, driving down the road, music cranked on my stereo, listening to my iPod on shuffle and finding some forgotten favorite songs. I was on my way to the store when I noticed the sunset in my rear view mirror.  I quickly turned down a side street and got lost in back-alley roads until I could find a good spot to pull off that had an uncluttered view of the sunset.  I ended up in a deserted parking lot at the edge of an empty field.  I put the car in park, grabbed my camera out of it's case, and bolted into the field behind the parking lot. I'm so glad I did because I got a handful of AWESOME photos of it!!  To steal a quote from the A-Team, I love it when a plan comes together!

PLUS, when I got back in the car to survey my findings on my camera, a song was playing on my stereo that fit perfectly with the moment.  I drove away grinning and singing along to the music, the sunset securely locked away in my camera. Great moment!!

Here are the lyrics I heard when I got into my car:

"...I took a walk and it occurred to me while I was outside,
That if I was looking for a miracle, I might do well to look up to the sky.
The dawn breaking open the day, you'd say that it was blinding me,
But still I had to stop right there and wonder why.
Now I know for certain, 'cause I've been around,
That the sun shines every day, even though you might not get to see.
No matter who, no matter where, no matter weather permitting,
The miracle is that sometimes it can burn just for you.

"Or just me.
Oh this one's burning just for me..."

(Just For Me, by Blues Traveler)

1 comment:

  1. Amazing! What a kool experience! That picture plus the music is a little gift from heaven. Love it!

    ReplyDelete