Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Day 17: Camping

As promised, I will be doing two posts this evening to make up for the fact that I couldn't post anything yesterday while I was camping.

The night sky near Sundance.

I took this picture late last night after everyone else left to settle down in their tents.  The clouds were moving pretty fast, so even though I only exposed this shot for less than a minute, they look like they're exploding onto the frame!  This night shoot was such a contrast to the one in Moab.  First of all, we weren't that far from civilization, so even though it felt really dark out there, it wasn't.  Secondly, the moon was out and very bright. When we did our night shots in Moab, it was a new moon, so we had virtually no light to work with.

I love how sharp the trees are in this shot!  It was completely accidental that I hit the focus so perfectly because I had to manually focus the camera, and I couldn't see anything through the viewfinder.  Also, those clouds are stunning!  It was a great moment as well.  Just me and my camera in the middle of a field in the quiet night after a long, hot day. It was also super fun after the image had processed and I showed it to Steen.  We were both giggling with delight at how perfectly it turned out!

1 comment: