Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 8: Jack and Mommy

Little Jack and his mommy.

RoseAnne came over tonight for girls night in, and she brought her newest addition, Jack. I made sure to sit next to her on the couch, in order to seize the first opportunity I saw to take him off her hands.

What a comfort little babies are!  A miraculous thing happens when you hold an infant in your arms.  It's like a tonic to the soul.  As I held baby Jack tonight and tried to participate in the group conversation, I found that I was completely taken in by this little angel.  I found myself lost to the words around me as I sat smoothing his soft new hair, fitting his tiny hands around my fingers, listening to him coo, and feeling him nestle in to the hollow of my neck as he fell asleep for the millionth time tonight.  It's as if all the bad in the world got sucked out the window and all that was left was an overwhelming calm and lightness of the heart.

I have a vague recollection of being annoyed at something when we started our visit.

hmm...wonder why...

No comments:

Post a Comment