Pages

Friday, August 27, 2010

Day 87: More Storms

Another oncoming storm.

I stepped out of the restaurant last night to see this awesome storm headed our way.  The sun was still up, but those black clouds made it look like it was full night.  I realize I've taken several cloud shots this month, but we've had so many cool storms lately, how can you blame me?!

I have this perverse love of storms.  Where other people groan and whine when they see black clouds headed their way, I get giddy.  My favorite thing is to stand outside and feel the wind blowing a big storm in.  I love the smell of oncoming rain, the way the pavement seems to sigh a breath right before the rain hits it.  I love the sound the rain makes on our metal car port, how it amplifies the sound.  I love when it pours!  I once danced in the rain.  I know that you hear that a lot, but how many of you would actually have the guts (as a grown-up) to go outside in the pouring rain and dance to no music at all.  Yes, it's a little embarrassing, but liberating at the same time.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment