Pages

Friday, August 20, 2010

Day 80: Spinning

Playing around with an umbrella...INDOORS.

I read this article the other day on using blurry objects in photos to enhance them.  One of the example photos was the classic spinning umbrella, and when I saw it I realized I haven't done that one yet.  So here we go.  I rather like the look of the spinning umbrella. I may use it again later.

Tonight I'm wondering about all the things that I want to do, but don't seem to have the time for.  Like writing all the short stories that come to my head when I'm driving home from work every day.  Or deep cleaning and organizing my closet and dressers.  Or reorganizing my pictures on my hard drive.  Or reading the millions of books in my bookshelves that I own but have never read.

I'm wondering when I'll ever accomplish some of these things that are worthwhile tasks that would make me feel better about myself.  Why is it that I never find time to complete - or even start - any of them, but I have time to watch meaningless TV shows and needlessly edit all my blog photos before posting them.  And why is it that I can't sleep any more?  I've always had a hard time going to sleep, but once there I usually sleep pretty soundly.  Nowadays, if I fall asleep within 2 or 3 hours of my goal, I'm in good shape, and if I stay asleep longer than 4 hours it's a miracle.

No wonder I'm grumpy sometimes.  When there are so many things weighing on my mind, just beyond my consciousness.

1 comment: