Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Day 84: Homemade From The Heart

The back page of the scrapbook Jessica made me.

I got a little present in the mail today.  I knew it was coming, but I had no idea what was in it.  So I was stunned into silent awe when I opened it up to find the homemade scrap book Jessica sent me.  WOW!  This thing is AMAZING!  And the detail on it is staggering for someone like me, who has zero patience to make a good scrap book page (and believe me, I've had plenty of opportunity to try).  It's full of little pockets and embossing and handmade tags.  It even has real hinges on one page.  HINGES.  I'm seriously blown away at my friend's talent for scrap-booking. Blown away and jealous. :)

So let's all stop for a moment and admire the sheer patience and talent it took for Jessica to make this awesome book!

Those are hand-placed black sticker dot-thingys.

This page had two different sizes of mini file folders, and inside those mini file folders were little hand-stamped pages!

Each one of the envelopes underneath the ribbon opens a different way, and was made by hand. AMAZING!

Here's most of the album laid out.  You can see the amount of detail on each page if you click on the image to make it bigger.

Just a couple of parting items:
1. I LOVE how many butterflies are on this, and how much hand embossing went on with the background pages.
2.  Check out Jessica's other handmade scrap-booking crafts on her Etsy website here: www.nosmallwonder.etsy.com

3 comments:

  1. beautiful job Val...You too Jessica if you read this..You are both amazing in your own ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Jess here...Val, your pics are so awesome!!! You have to tell me what kind of camera you use. I had two similar albums for sale on my etsy for 4 months, and they timed out, nobody bought them. I think this has to do in part at least with the fact that my pictures of them did not do them justice. If you lived next store I would hire you as my etsy photographer, I know I would get tons more sales that way. And if anybody out there is interested in buying a completed album, I have 5 different ones for sale, but they are not listed on etsy because there didn't seem to be any interest...they all timed out. So just convo me through my etsy site and I will relist them if you have interest. Thanks
    -NOSMALLWONDER

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool pics. Love them! You are so talented.

    ReplyDelete