Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 82: A Gale's A Blowin'

The view from my back yard.

Such a nice breezy day today.  It made the heat bearable.  And then, at dinner the storm blew in!  The wind was so strong that it knocked our mini nursery over in the back yard.  Luckily it was empty.  As we stood on the back porch watching the trees dance in the strong wind, we looked up to see this heavenly break in the clouds.  We also noticed a plastic bag flying through the air, at least 50 feet up. It was dancing too.  Tossed back and forth by the chaotic wind.  

I snapped a few shots of the sky and ducked back inside just as the rain started (a poor showing of rain for such a windy storm).  When I reviewed my photos I noticed several of them had this dark section in them.  It wasn't the clouds that did it, just something wrong with my camera I think.  But it looks cool, so I kept it.

All in all, a good night for storms.

No comments:

Post a Comment