Pages

Monday, August 9, 2010

Day 69: Shine A Light

Self portrait.

When I was young, I would daydream about living in a world where things like fairies and unicorns were real. I'm sure every little girl had similar daydreams.  In my daydreams, I would imagine myself meeting fairies in the woods.  And they would perch on my shoulder and whisper secrets in my ear and giggle and sprinkle fairy dust on me so that I could do impossible things, like disappear or fly like Peter Pan.  Sometimes I imagined being one of the fairies, where everything was small and dainty, and where I would make music when I walked and talked.

I still like to imagine impossible things.  Only now my daydreams usually consist of ordinary things, like being able to flirt with boys, or being devastatingly gorgeous and having as much money at my disposal as I need.

But every once in a while, I'll remember my childhood daydreams and long for the unhindered creativity of a 5-year-old once more.  On those days, I CREATE.  I create beautiful things in my mind and make plans to turn them to reality.  I create pretty pictures, or short stories, or little do-dads that have no practical use.  Those are good days!

2 comments: