Pages

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Day 74: Jumper

Victor jumping from Chimney Rock.

Oh, the story I could tell about this jump.  Unfortunately the internet connection out here is intermittent at best, so I will be quick.

We went rafting down the river today.  It was really fun!  Which is big coming from me, because I'm not a fan of river rafting.  Anyway, one of the stops we made was at a land mark called Chimney Rock.  Victor was told by the rafting company that the water is deep enough that you can jump into it from the ledge.  However, when he climbed up to the ledge, his sons freaked him out by saying that the water didn't look deep enough for him to jump from that height.

Thus was born the INTERMINABLE wait for Victor to decide how lucky he really felt.  I swear the sunburn on my shoulders was formed while I stood thigh-deep in the water, waiting to take the shot of him mid-air.  I'm not kidding.  It was long.

Long.

Looonng.

2 comments:

  1. Val the colors in this shot are incredible! Funny story...how did it end. As you can clearly see when reviewing this photo we can not see the conclusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, sorry I forgot that part. Obviously he didn't get hurt after he jumped. I think he said that he brushed the bottom when he landed. In any case, the water WAS deep enough.

    ReplyDelete