Pages

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Day 71: Happy Place

Cute baby Jack, looking at his mommy.

Wednesday nights are a flurry of noise and people, boisterous laughter, exultant shouts, declarations of surprise, loud commentary, food spills, babies giggling, clapping, funny stories, and lots of smiles.

Wednesday night is girls night.

A few of my adult nieces come over and we all watch So You Think You Can Dance.  We have so much fun together, watching the show, talking over it, rewinding our favorite parts, passing the new babies around, telling stories during the commercials, eating home made cheese burgers and macaroni salad, laughing a lot, and generally enjoying a night with the girls.

Some weeks I get overwhelmed and have to duck out early.  Some weeks I'm louder and more obnoxious than everyone else.  And some weeks I'm content to hold one of the new babies and just sit back and observe everyone.  It's such a blessing to have so much family around.  It's something I take for granted all the time, but every once in a while I'm reminded of how awesome it is.

Like tonight. :)

1 comment: