Pages

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Day 70: Sugar Shake

Goofing off with gum drops.

I should have made that a frowny face.  You may remember that I recently fell off the wagon and started eating sugar again.  At the time I didn't care and was actually glad I had stopped trying to stay away from sugar when it tastes so good.  Well, I'm starting to change my mind.

Some things I've noticed since my fall from grace:
*I'm having creepy nightmares.  They vary in subject matter, but I always wake up slightly disturbed and confused.
*My afternoon mood swings are back.  And, no.  It's not PMS.  This time.
*Concentration?  What's that?  I'm experiencing a flashback to life before A.D.D. meds...and I hate it.
*You know those 5-hour energy things?  I've got that 2:30 feeling...ALL DAY.
*And scariest of all, the sugar shakes are back.  That's when I wake up at 3am in a cold sweat, shaking and weak with low blood sugar.  NOT a good sign.

My original plan was to go back off sugar after my camping trip this weekend.  I'm thinking I'll have to revise that timeline, ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment