Pages

Monday, October 25, 2010

Day 146: Steeping

My half-full tea cup.

My dad went to the store tonight right as we were supposed to start our FHE activity.  An hour later, when he returned home, he brought a strange thing with him...a coffee maker.

We don't drink coffee in our house (Word of Wisdom, and all that).  We like herbal tea, hot chocolate, and the occasional cup of Postum.  But no coffee.

I was a little concerned when I first saw the coffee maker.  I thought maybe dad was starting to loose it.  But then mom was so excited when she saw what he bought her.  Apparently, the last time they went on vacation, my parents used the coffee maker in their hotel room to make lightning-fast hot chocolate.  A little further into the story, I realized that they just like how fast these things heat up water.

So after we finished FHE, and right before we all parted for bed, we all sat together and had some Bengal Spice tea with our new coffee maker.

It was fun.  Weird, but fun!

1 comment: