Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Day 123: All Is Lost

The three-layer cake I made today...with a little bling.

Oh, how I am lamenting my thoughtlessness today!!!  I broke the streak.  

I. Broke. The. Streak.

At 12:09AM I realized I hadn't taken a picture today.  Twelve Oh Nine!  Nine minuets past the deadline, and I was too late. I went ahead and took a picture anyway, even though I technically missed it.  

I'm hanging my head in shame right now.

How could I do this!?!  I made it 122 days without forgetting to take a picture!  Sure, there were close calls, when I remembered mere minutes before midnight, but I always made it in time.  

I BROKE THE STREAK!!!!!!!

I'm so frustrated right now, I don't know what to do with myself.  I won't quit the project;  you could argue that it didn't really count since I hadn't gone to bed yet and it was just a few minutes past the deadline, but I feel like the momentous-ness of the project has withered under my colossal memory lapse.  I will have to work extra hard now for the next 212 days to keep my motivation and stop myself from continuing to slip past the dealine.  I'll be honest.  This is a blow.

I broke the streak!

3 comments:

  1. The only failure would be if you gave up now! So all is not lost, because you said you are not giving up!
    You are doing wonderfully!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No quitting I would miss reading and seeing your pictures every day :) So I am happy you have decided not to give up on this project:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had a professor at BYU who told me that when you are young, midnight is irrelevant. I think the same is true here :) And he has a PhD so it MUST be true!

    ReplyDelete