Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day 142: Tree Envy

A tree by the side of the road.

Today I left the office at 5:10pm to go home.  It normally takes me anywhere between 14-18 minutes to get home from work, but today was different.  Today, the line of cars waiting to get onto the freeway stretched all the way to the road in front of my office building.  That may not sound like a long way unless you know where my office is in relation to the freeway.  It's maybe half a mile (might be closer to a mile, I'm not sure).

That half-mile stretch took me 39 minutes to cross because of traffic.  THIRTY-NINE minutes to go half a mile.  During that time, I admired the scenery.  The trees are turning red and yellow in sparse patches on the mountains, and the fields of crops looked beautiful with the stark contrasts from the sunset.  Since most of the time during my half-mile journey I was at a dead stop, I took some pictures as I waited.

The picture above looked much cooler in person, but the shot on my camera turned out horribly.  It was faded and hazy.  Obviously over-exposed.  But since I don't have the good editing software on my home computer, I had to be creative.  I don't hate the way the shot turned out, but it's also not right.

Oh well, at least I had some fun!

2 comments: