Pages

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Day 127: Deja Vu

A view of ceiling at the Tanner building at BYU.

Before you start freaking out, let me just say that I realize this isn't a picture of an old thing, but I will explain.  Well...there's not much to explain.  I took this picture tonight when I was at BYU for an institute class.  I wasn't planning on using it for my picture today, but I didn't have time to take any other pictures.  Plus, I have a story to go with this one.

Here's the story:
When I was 19 and going to school in Virginia, I had a very involved dream full of meaning and significance.  When I woke up I wrote the whole dream down and the impressions I got from it.  The basic gist was that I needed to slow down and enjoy life, and that I needed to be patient.  The dream had such significance for me at the time that I have never forgotten it.  I can still picture the scenes from the dream when calling it to memory.  So tonight, when I walked into the Tanner building to go to institute, I was shocked to see that the interior of the building is identical to a building in that dream from 10 years ago.  What's even weirder is that in my dream I was trying to find my institute class, but kept getting lost in the huge building.  So, 10 years later, never having stepped foot in this building before, I was having flashbacks from this dream with the identical scene and identical circumstances.  The only difference was that I found my institute class tonight, and in my dream I never found it.

So, I guess if you think about it, this picture still follows the theme of Old Things, because it is a picture of a dream I had when I was just stepping into adulthood and waiting for my life to begin.  Now I'm almost 30 and I'm still waiting for my life to begin...I'm just a little more grown up about the way I wait. ;)

1 comment: