Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Day 129: Memory Lane

Some old photos.

It's funny how these things get started.  I pulled out an old photo album tonight to take a picture of it (the ugly red thing in the photo above), and 2 hours later I was surrounded by piles of photographs and photo albums with stiff limbs and a head full of forgotten memories.

I always assumed that my love of photography started when I first discovered the digital camera back in 2002.  But after looking through the stacks and stacks of old photos that I've taken over the years, I realized that my love of photography began long before that.  I have entire photo albums of pictures I took when I was no older than 10 years of age (probably younger).

Somehow this realization about my love of photography makes me feel a little more credible as a photographer.  I guess I always put myself in that category of people who bought very expensive DSLR cameras on a whim, and instead of calling it a hobby, go around telling people they are "professional" photographers just because they have a nice camera.  But now I can confidently say that I've always had a love of photography, and that it's not an expensive whim that I'll get bored of soon.

This thing will last.

No comments:

Post a Comment