Pages

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Day 121: Paper Flowers

A home made birthday card.

Tomorrow is the last day of month 4, and I've hit a wall on the creative front.  Last night when I was struggling to find something shiny to take a picture of, I complained to my mom and sister about it.  Jokingly, I said I wanted to quit the project because it was getting too boring.  I was mostly joking, but part of me really did want to quit because I feel like my pictures are so BORING.  Don't worry, I'm not going to quit.  Seeing this to the end is much to important to me to stop just because I got bored.

Still, I went through and looked at the last two months of photos tonight, and out of 60 days, I only like 13 of the pictures.  And most of those 13 were from August.  That means, that in the last 2 months, I've posted 37 crappy pictures.

At first I thought the photos were boring because I lacked direction.  So I asked all of you to give me ideas of what to shoot next.  You came back with a few really good ideas that I tried to implement.  But I'm struggling still.

I think my problem comes down one of to two things, really:
1. Instead of getting better at photography, I'm getting worse, and my mediocre pictures have turned downright ugly.
or
2. I'm so bored with my own photography style, that I can't see what looks good anymore.

Either way, I need some motivation.  Unfortunately, that's not something I can ask for help with.  That's something I need to find on my own.  I need a little INSPIRATION.  I need to think outside the box, and then go two steps beyond that.

I need a change of scenery.

But most of all, I need to stop taking pictures of things around my house, because it's killing my groove!

1 comment:

  1. Lets go out of the country! you can do Cities of Europe as your next theme and we will be in a different one each day! OK

    ReplyDelete