Pages

Friday, September 17, 2010

Day 108: Timely

Time moves so quickly.

Reason #5 for the goodness of solitude: no one to slow me down.

Let me make sure I clear that up.  It's not that I'm not slow all by myself.  And it's not like I'm ever on time to anything, but it seems that when I'm alone, I meet more deadlines than usual (when it comes to leaving the house).  My theory on this is that when people are around and I'm running late, any kind of conversation that inevitably ensues distracts me from my goal of getting out the door.  There's always just one more thing I need to say.  Even the mere presence of someone else in the room distracts me from getting ready.  I start worrying that I forgot to tell them something, and suddenly I've put the wrong shoe on or lost my keys or forgot my lunch in the fridge.

Still, I must admit that sometimes when I'm alone I run later than usual because there's no one there to remind me that I'm supposed to be leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment