Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 104: Alone

Empty Chair.

Freedom!!  I'm alone for two whole days before my family gets back into town, and I'm so excited.  I'm sure everyone who is reading this already knows that I'm not the most social creature on the planet.  I like people, but I really like them better in small doses.  This summer has been one giant overdose of people for me, so having two full days in an empty house makes me almost giddy.

When I got home from work this evening, I spent most of my time doing chores that I never get around to, while watching the US Open (tennis) finals.  I had planned on catching up on a few TV shows I never get to watch, but tennis was good too.  I had left overs for dinner, which actually seem to taste better to me when I'm by myself.  And I played some music full blast and sang along with it as I did my house work.  What a great night!

Going along with the theme idea, this week I'll be taking pictures of things that represent isolation and why I like it.  The empty chair represents the absence of judgement.  I can't be in trouble if there's no one around to disappoint. And since I live in constant fear of disappointing everyone, this is my number one favorite reason for needing alone time every once in a while.

:D So excited to have one more day of alone time!

1 comment: