Pages

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Day 179: The Lake

Rattlesnake Lake

Christine and I took a short drive up to Rattlesnake Lake today.  We went last year and loved it.  This year was even better for 2 reasons:

1. There was snow and a lot more water to capture, and
2. I had a better camera and more experience with landscape shots.

I still feel like I can't ever quite capture landscape shots, but I'm slowly getting better.  I love this shot because it shows the stark contrasts between the bright white snow and the blackened tree stumps, rippling water, and foggy tree-scape.

Washington is such a beautiful place!  It's freezing right now, but beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful, I love the fog in the trees! Travel safe today...we are getting snow snow snow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and I think you take great landscape shots:)

    ReplyDelete