Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Day 156: Swamped

My inboxes (yes, plural).

This week has been amazingly busy for me at work.  To illustrate just how much time I'm spending there and how consumed I am, I took a picture of my inboxes before I left the office tonight.  Just to point out, this is a picture of the state of my inboxes after I stayed late tonight to clear some of it up.  That thick stack of paperwork is what I've left to do tomorrow...and it will probably grow to twice its size overnight, like a perverted magical bean stalk.

Also, with how busy I've been this week, I keep working over my alloted 8 hours each day and telling myself I'll take time off the next day to even things out.  Unfortunately, I keep repeating this every day and have yet to take any time off.

My problem is this: I'm too busy to take any time off because I'm already a few days behind in my workload, but I'm not technically supposed to work overtime so I'm technically required to take the time off.

Conundrum...

Solution:  DELEGATE!

I'll just hand off some of my workload to unsuspecting coworkers tomorrow so that I can clock out before my overtime hits.

Another problem:  The work that I delegate can only be performed by a handful of people, none of whom will be in the office tomorrow.

Hmmm....

This is hurting my head.  As is the picture of my weighted inboxes.  I'm going to bed to worry about it tomorrow. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment