Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

Day 174: Self-Conscious

The wall of shame.

So this week I finally gave in to my mom's requests to put my pictures on the wall in our living room.  We already have a shrine to my photography on the wall in the entry way, so I was concerned about putting any more pictures up.  But each month I've been trying to get a large print of my favorite shot of the month, and I haven't put any of them up on my wall downstairs.  Mainly, I haven't put them up because I ran out of room on my wall downstairs and I was wondering what to do about it.  But since they've just been sitting stacked next to my shrine, Mom thought it would be a good idea to put them up on the wall in the living room.  I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to it, but now it's too late I guess.

Anyway, now they're up there, gigantic and staring everyone in the face, and I'm completely embarrassed by it.  It's like I'm saying, "look everyone!  I think I'm the coolest photographer ever, and I want you to praise my outstanding work...all the time!"

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That's so awesome, Val! I read your posts and look forward to your daily photos. You have a creative perspective and I love it! I wish I was as ambitious as you to start a project like this. I'm glad your Mom had you put your photographs up on your wall! You are very talented!

    ReplyDelete