Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Day 166: Cake and TV

Sugar-free cake that Mom made

I spend most of my afternoon and evening in bed today because of this weird leg pain that I've had for...ever. Some days it's just a dull ache, and some days (like today) it hurts so much that I can't concentrate and it makes me writhe and to try and ease the pain.  When that happens, I've found that the best thing to do is to take a few (or more) Advil and lay in bed with a heating pad on the aching muscles.

So that's what I did after church today.  I took some Advil, set myself up with books and remotes, and stayed in bed with my heating pad.  After a while I got bored and turned on my TV (something I don't normally do on Sundays anymore).  I watched this show called "Amazing Wedding Cakes."

I'm a big fan of "Cake Boss" on TLC, so I thought this show would be fun, but it just made me like "Cake Boss" even more.  The people on "Amazing Wedding Cakes" are understaffed and not quite as talented (in my opinion).  Aside from solidifying my status on Team Buddy, it also made me in the mood for some cake - obviously.

Lucky for me, Mom decided to make some cake tonight, so when I went upstairs to refill my water bottle, there sat the bowls of home made cake, drizzled in melted sugar-free frosting.  It was SO GOOD!  What a great way to sate a craving!

No comments:

Post a Comment