Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

Day 164: Babysitting

Gracie

Kim is out of town this week and asked me to check on her cats yesterday and today.  Tonight when I came to check on them, they were so cute!  After I made sure they had enough food and fresh water (and after I cleaned out their litter box - ew), I found myself sitting on the living room floor, surrounded by the cats.

And I don't mean "surrounded" in the Catwoman sort of way (you know, that scene from Batman when the cats "surround" Catwoman and it looks like they're making a meal of her, when really they're just making her a bit crazy in the head?).  First of all, Kim doesn't have enough cats to recreate that scene - not nearly enough - and secondly, they weren't right next to me.

As I surveyed the room from my floor seat, I was able to spot a different cat in each corner.  All of them were sitting in different positions, but they were all making sure they were in the same room with me, which was so cute!  Lewis, who usually whines to death and doesn't let me pick him up, was the only one who wouldn't stay away from my side.  In fact, at one point - as I was taking this shot of Gracie, and positioned on my stomach to get the right angle - Lewis was laying on my legs.

It was fun to spend a little time with the kitties.  I've been feeling a bit down today, and seeing the cats made me feel a little better.  There is something so comforting about having a pet around!

Here are the other three cats (Cray wouldn't pose for me, so the best I got was his backside in the picture of Lewis):

 Lilly
Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment