Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Day 270: Amusement Parks and Motion Sickness

The sign reads, "Nourishment for the Weary Traveler and Those Possessed of Voracious Appetites"

We went to Knott's Berry Farms today and - silly me - I decided not to bring my camera in the park with me.  That would have been fine, had I already taken a picture for the day, or if I had returned to my camera before midnight.  As it is, all I had with me today by way of camera equipment was my iPod, so this is the best picture I was able to produce.

It's better that I didn't bring my camera anyway.  I had a great time at the park with everyone, but after one of the rides (I wish I could remember the name, but I don't think I ever paid attention to it) I was so motion sick that I was completely useless for a few hours afterwards.  I wasn't the only one who got hit with the queasiness either.  Both Ryan and Brittney were pretty sick after that ride as well.  We all had to go find a place to sit and recover when we got off.  After about 20 minutes, Christine and Lalo got bored of waiting for us to feel better so they went off to another ride while we sat in misery.  When they got back, we all decided to head over to the next ride even though we weren't ready yet because it was getting so cold that sitting around outside wasn't helping.

I think it was around this time that I took the photo above.  Things got a bit hazy for me during the second half of the day, but I think it's pretty funny that I chose to take that picture when I could barely open my eyes without the world spinning and my stomach contracting uncomfortably.  I also feel it important to mention that I only took 2 pictures at all today.  The other one was a blurry mess of everyone's backsides as they were walking in front of me.  And I took that when I was actually feeling good!

No comments:

Post a Comment