Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Day 253: Brought to Light

A light fixture at Paradise Bakery

Tonight I almost had a mental breakdown.  Well, I kind of did have one.  I wasn't feeling good when I went to work this morning, and I told my coworkers that I'd probably leave early because of it.  I delegated as much work as I was able, to facilitate my early departure, and then started on my huge stack of invoices.

I tried my hardest to get those things done swiftly so that I could leave even an hour or two early.  The longer I stayed at work, the worse I felt.  And, try as I did, I still left work an hour later than usual, with a half-finished stack of invoices.

When I met Christine for dinner on the way home I was beside myself.  All that work and all that pushing when I felt rotten - and it didn't even make a difference!  I felt like a failure.  Especially since I had a meeting with my boss earlier in the day where he told me (at my own request from a week prior) that I needed to improve my work habits, particularly my swift completion of invoices, and that people had noticed that I took too long to get them finished.

I was devastated.  I was crying my eyes out all the way to the restaurant.  I couldn't face life anymore and expect to remain sane.  I felt like my handle on my life had slipped from my grasp and there was no hope of trying to pick up the pieces.

I was so dramatic!

After dinner I felt much better - emotionally anyway.  I drove home feeling a little foolish at my breakdown, but still feeling quite worried at how my day went.

I wasn't planning on making this my picture, but my outburst at dinner threw me off so much that I forgot all about it until just now...so, there you go. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment