Pages

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 268: Lap of Luxury

The glass elevators.

So I took this shot from the lobby (on deck 2), looking up to the huge red skylight on deck 10.  Everything on the ship is really...gaudy.  We were chatting about it tonight after dinner, and decided that it's a lot like Vegas. There are a lot of gold-guilded things, cherubs, carvings on walls and window frames, tacky impressionist paintings in the rooms, etc.

At first I loved the sheer tacky feel of the place, but after spending a few days on the ship, I've got to say it's getting old.  Still...it's been such a fun cruise!  We've done so many awesome things and met some great people!

Last night we had a dance for just the singles group, and it was awesome! They played great tunes, and I had a blast dancing with a nice, big group of friends.  In fact, I danced so hard I actually kicked a shoe off at one point.  It was really embarrassing.

1 comment: