Pages

Monday, February 14, 2011

Day 258: Just For Me

The sky today.

So I completely forgot it was Valentine's day today until I was driving to work.  Ah, oh well.  It's not like I had someone to get a gift for or anything.  And I have to say, I handled Single Awareness Day much better than last year.  I felt very...unaffected.  I was glad for my married friends who had plans, and had no tinge of jealousy at their happiness.  Definitely felt more grown up about the whole thing. :)

I walked outside to run some errands during lunch and found the most gorgeous sky!  Of course, I didn't get my camera out until later and almost missed the beautiful rays.  It was the perfect day to run errands!  It was windy, sure, but it was worth it to see the awesome patterns the clouds were making on the mountains surrounding the valley.  Everywhere I drove I was in awe of the beautiful landscape and weather!  I needed a little beauty to distract me from my all-consuming vacation plans.  It was like the sky was painted just for me, to remind me to be happy for the details in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment