Pages

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Day 211: Snowed In

Trees in my neighborhood

So the storm the newscasters have been predicting all week finally hit today.  It started out strong this morning, with heavy, wet, slushy snow that covered the walks and cars and especially the trees.  When I finally made it upstairs around mid-morning, it was a winter wonderland outside.  By mid-afternoon, when I took this shot, the snow had ceased, and the wet snow on the trees had rapidly melted and fallen off.  These trees were still pretty covered, but almost everything else in the neighborhood had cleared up.  By early evening, the winds blew harder and colder, and the mini-blizzard (as I dubbed it) hurled itself on our windows and back door.  It didn't last very long, but it did manage to re-cover all the freshly shoveled walkways and scraped cars.

I loved it!  I had no plans to leave the house today, so I got to watch it all unfold from my living room as I did a few chores and read my book.  My favorite way to experience a storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment